Thursday, March 27, 2008

On the road again...

I'm on the road this week, visiting another office for development meetings. I've been trying to post something on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The trip has been very busy and the only alone time I've had is when sleeping, so that schedule did not work. I have some downtime now, so I'll knock something out fast.

This trip has been an excellent illustration of the importance of communication. You can exchange e-mails all day with someone, or talk to them on the phone now and again, but nothing beats being there in person, face-to-face with someone. That kind of high bandwidth communication removes all kinds of barriers where things can be mis-read or lost in translation.

More things were decided in a few days of meetings than happened in months remotely. Yet, there is often a reluctance to incur the expense of travel. Penny wise, pound foolish.

No comments: